Summer is the perfect time to try something new with your kids. Try out this great project, sure to keep them busy for days!
What You’ll Need:
– large refrigerator or furniture boxes
- Most furniture stores will gladly clear their cardboard somewhere other than their overflowing bins. Just walk in, ask, and you’ll leave with the most vital piece of your project.
– duct tape
- Any strong tape will do
– art supplies
- Leftover room paint is a great, free supply. Get creative! Try glitter, markers, puffy paint, or even paper cut outs.
Step 1: Create your design.
- Lay out your boxes and decide how to create the castle of your dreams.
Step 2: Cut and Tape it.
- You’ll want to tape before doing any other artwork, so you don’t lose your structure. Tape at all the creases and joints well.
Step 3: Cut your towers, turrets, windows, and doors.
- Be mindful of your joints, you don’t want to jeopardize the stability.
Step 4: Decorate!
- Go wild. I’d suggest an outdoor art project. It can get messy quick!
Step 5: Share this post and your creation – so everyone else can see your masterpiece and learn how!